Friday, January 6, 2012

Today I'm Thankful For...

1. Sunshine and warmer weather.

2. Miss Mills- She's the "food lady" at Lilly's school. She sets out the breakfast and serves the lunch to 20 preschoolers in the classroom. She goes above and beyond her duties, though, and I often see her playing puzzles with kids on the rug, cleaning the nap cots, or helping the teacher. She always gives Sydney a little juice box when we drop Lilly off in the morning (so Sydney loves Miss Mills, too! On the way to school she always says, "I dwink juice at Lilly's school! Ask Miss Mills!). She loves each of the kids and takes a personal interest in them. She even bought gifts for all of them for Christmas. Lillian usually can't remember what she learned at school, but she always knows what Miss Mills served for lunch. And there are quite a few things she prefers "Miss Mills' way" instead of the way I make them- like her mashed potatoes and the tator tots. Before Lillian started preschool I was worried about her eating "school food." But she seems to like it, and I know Miss Mills has a lot to do with it. After all, it always tastes better when it's served with love! :)

3. My friend Tana who's coming to visit tomorrow!!

No comments: