Today I'm thankful for:
1. Friends. I have such great friends. Two of them came to visit today. They played with the girls, coo-ed over Liam, and joined us for an afternoon trip to the zoo. They supplied the girls with a steady stream of pretzels to keep them happy, pushed the double stroller around everywhere and up the monster hill to see the cheetahs, and they even let Sydney and Lillian drag them into the barnyard at the children's zoo (with their nice boots on!) to brush the goats and the sheep. They're troopers! I'm so grateful that they decided to spend their day with us, especially with Bobby being on call. I'm also grateful for my wonderful neighbor friends who rescued me and Liam! I was down to only two diapers (probably not enough to get me through the night and definitely not enough to last through Sunday) and they went to Target for me and dropped off a pack of diapers. Thank you, thank you! To top it off, I got a surprise phone call from a friend who recently moved. She gave me hope and encouragement that we can and will survive residency. :)
2. Cell phones. Bobby left his home today. It made me realize how fortunate I am to be able to get a hold of my husband so easily, no matter where he is (as long as he actually has his phone with him...leaving it on the night stand does no good). Today he was restricted to using the phone in the on-call room. Lucky for me he wasn't super busy, and he had enough time to sing the girls some songs over the phone at bed time. I had the phone on speaker, set up on the dresser while the girls were in bed and I was holding Liam. Liam kept craning his neck and looking around as if he was trying to find the face that went along with the voice he could hear.
3. The wonderful, unseasonably warm and sunny weather that we're having. It felt so good to be outside and not need a coat!
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment