1. Lillian's teacher asking how she's been doing. At our parent-teacher conference before Christmas I told her that Lillian has been having a hard time since Liam was born- more temper tantrums, emotional episodes, more clingy, being stubborn, disagreeable...all that fun stuff. Her behavior hasn't changed at school, but I'm grateful that her teacher cares about her enough to think about her outside of the classroom and to ask me how she's feeling.
2. Sydney's creative vocabulary. She calls blueberries boo-boo-blerries. I love hearing her say it so much that I try to get her to say it by holding a blueberry in front of her and asking, "Sydney, what's this??" She says, "Boo-boo-blerry!" then gives me her look that says, "duh, Mom."
3. Pretzels and Nutella. What a delicious combination!
4. Liam's chunkiness. He has fat rolls on his legs and he's already in some of his 3 month outfits! I tried to fit him into a cute 0-3 month church suit my mom bought him for Christmas and I couldn't stretch the shirt across his big belly to button it! After worrying so much about Lilly and Sydney's weight it's awesome to have a big kid!
5. My parents for enduring a hotdog and mac 'n cheese dinner with me and the girls tonight so they could help me while Bobby is on call; my dad for teaching Lillian about the stars, the planets, the sun, and the moon; my mom for washing and putting away all of my dishes so I can go to bed tonight not feeling stressed about waking up in the morning to a dirty kitchen.
6. Bobby who sang Lillian a lullaby over the phone and talked to her to calm her down and help her fall asleep. I know Lilly misses her daddy when he's on call, and I think that's often why she acts a bit on the difficult side. I'm grateful that Bobby is willing to take the time to give her the love and attention that she needs.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a beautiful list to be thankful for!! So wonderful to have family nearby to help and to have Daddy take the time to settle Lillian down (James is on-call tonight and CJ had such a rough evening!). I'm sorry things have been difficult. I miss you and think of you often!!
Post a Comment