Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lift Up Your Voice and Sing!

Today I'm thankful for...

1. A little girl named Ashley who sings her heart out at church every Sunday. I can always hear her singing the hymns above the rest of the congregation. If she doesn't know all the words, that doesn't stop her- she just hums and sings along as best she can! This sweet five year-old is a good example to me in that I should lift up my voice and sing a little louder and with as much confidence and enthusiasm as she does.

2. Speaking of singing...I'm also thankful for Lillian's rendition of "The First Noel." She is still singing Christmas songs around the house, and this one has been her favorite lately. Her version goes like this: "Noel, noel, noel, NOEL!!! Born is the King-dom rise and shine!" (Israel = rise and shine? I guess it's close enough?!) :)

3. The Hokey-Pokey. Sydney learned it in Nursery a few weeks ago and now she wants to sing it all the time! It's so cute to watch her shake her bum to "do the hokey pokey" and turn herself around, then ask to do it all over again!

Oh, how I love kids and their singing!

No comments: