Friday, January 13, 2012

Close Call

Today I'm Thankful For...

1. The brakes in my car. They prevented me from hitting a big boat-of-a-car on my way home from the store today. The young lady driving the old Buick decided to pull out from her parking spot on the side of the road without even looking to see me coming. It was a close call, and other than the box of diapers that went flying off the passenger seat next to me, no damage was done.

2. Our Please Touch Museum Pass. It was a bitterly cold, windy day so we went to the Please Touch for some warm, inside fun. The best thing about having a pass is that we can go an hour before the museum closes (when all the other kids are leaving) and not feel like we're wasting money on a short visit. The other fun thing about going at closing time is the "End of the Day Parade" with a very animated guy who dresses up in ridiculous costumes and bangs a drum around the museum with a trail of enthusiastic children. It's a little too much for the girls to handle, so we haven't actually participated in the parade yet, but it looks like so much fun! I wish they would join in so I could too! I'm thankful to live in a city with such great museums. I'm also so, so thankful that Bobby got to come with us!

3. This Gratitude Journal. It keeps me positive and it helps me recognize all the wonderful things around me and all the blessings in my life. Throughout the day I find myself looking for things to be thankful for so I can write about them. Since I started doing it my attitude has been better and I've been feeling great! I highly recommend anyone to do it. It will really help you feel more joy and happiness in your life.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

We miss living so close to the PTM, Zoo, Smith Playhouse and having so many fun things close for kids to do. Here all the good stuff is in San Francisco.