Today had the potential to be a bad day, but it actually turned out to be a pretty good one. Today I'm thankful for . . .
1. Liam's 3am feeding. This isn't normally something I get excited about, especially since I've gotten used to him sleeping until 6 or 7am. However, this morning it was perfect because the extra feeding filled him up enough to get him through my doctor's appointment later that morning. Which bring me to...
2. My wonderful children and their ability to sit through my doctor's appointment without destroying anything or going berserk. I had to bring Liam and Sydney to my appointment. I was a little worried about it, but they were stellar. Liam stayed in his car seat the whole time- not that he can get out of it himself, but he was content and happy being there so I didn't have to take him out. He just smiled at all the nurses and swooned them with his baby talk. Sydney entertained herself with the little step stool at the end of the exam table and by pushing around the "doctor chair" on wheels. Then she found the best toy ever- a lamp. She turned it on and made her shadow dance on the wall. Then she turned it off and on again. It was the best free entertainment a kid could have in a doctor's office. I'm so glad I have good kids.
3. The nice lady at the hospital information desk who validated my parking ticket because I had no way to pay for it. The parking garage only takes cash or checks and I only had a credit card on me. I'm glad she didn't make me scrub the floors or clean the bathrooms to make me pay off my debt. :)
4. Speaking of debt forgiveness- I'm also thankful for the guy who works at our local branch library. He removed a "lost book" fee from my account and renewed the "lost book" to give me more time to look for it. I just know it's around the house somewhere. I paid off the rest of my overdue fines (I won't tell you how much they were. But I think they might open a new branch in my name with all the fines I've paid...haha j/k. Sort of). My account is now clear and I am no longer barred from borrowing materials. So Lillian and Sydney loaded up on books and a few movies. I do love our little library in West Philly.
5. Sleeping in until 7:30 this morning, even though it made us really late for Lillian's preschool. It was worth it. :)
6. My first attempt at grilling. Bobby has always done all the BBQ-ing for us and I've decided it's about time that I learn how to do it myself. He mentored me through the process and my chicken turned out pretty good (if I say so myself). The awesome recipe certainly helped. It's an Asian BBQ chicken marinade from this really good food blog called Our Best Bites. So many of their recipes call for grilling the meat, which is another reason why I want to get good at it. Yay for learning how to do something new!
7. Talking with my sister. I felt like I should call her tonight so I did. We ended up talking for a while about the award/grant she's writing to help fund her India project. I was able to help her through some of it which made me feel useful. She amazes me with her ideas, her motivation, and her accomplishments. I really hope she wins the award. I know she would put it to good use.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment