1. The blossoms on the trees. Hooray for an early spring!!
2. Lillian's drawings that I find all over the house. Like this one:

I hate throwing them away, but we're beginning to accumulate piles upon piles of sketches, drawings, paintings, doodles, and notes. We don't have enough wall space (or tape) to hang them all up, nor do we have enough horizontal space to stack them all. So Bobby came up with a genius idea. Take a picture of it and throw the original away. Making a digital copy doesn't make me feel like a bad mom, and hopefully Lillian won't notice that the original is missing. :)
3. Bobby's work ethic. He told me a little story about something that happened at the hospital yesterday. He was in the cafeteria getting his lunch when he heard over the intercom, "Doctor pacemaker something-something" (I don't remember exactly what it was)- which basically means someone is coding (dying) and a doctor needs to get there right away. He put down his tray full of food, tossed his ice cream back into the freezer and ran out of the cafeteria. On his way out he heard one of the cafeteria ladies say, "Uh, I'll put that away for you." Anyway, he got to the dying patient's room and saved her life, but that's not the point of the story. Later in the day he went back to the cafeteria to get his dinner. Chicken parm was on the menu and he asked the cafeteria lady (the same one who put his lunch away when he left in a hurry), "How hard would it be to get two patties instead of just one?" She replied, "Not hard at all." Bobby thanked her and then she told him that she's never seen anyone drop their food and rush out as fast as he did. She said her mother had died in that same hospital and if it had been her family member in trouble today she would've wanted them to come in a hurry like he did. Of course Bobby was modest about it and he said, "I'm just doing what I'm supposed to. That's my job." And she said, "Well, I don't see everyone do the same thing. I can't tell you how many times I watch other doctors just sit there with their food and say someone else will take care of it." I'm proud of Bobby for being that kind of doctor, and for being that kind of person in general. You never know who is watching you and your actions reflect so strongly as to the kind of person you are. I'm grateful that Bobby's reflection is a positive one.
1 comment:
That was a wonderful story. Bobby is a really hard worker and caring person. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment