This morning I'm thankful for...
1. Rice Krispies. Sydney's favorite cereal these days. She calls it "rice krip-sies." As soon as I pour in the milk she puts her ear to the bowl to listen to it go "snap, crackle, pop"!
2. Albuterol. Lillian started coughing yesterday and it worsened overnight. This morning she has a low-grade fever as well. I gave her a breathing treatment with the nebulizer and her coughing has subsided. Her breathing sounds clear- no wheezing as of yet. I'm grateful for the medicines that help her. I often wonder what it would be like if we lived in a time when these medical treatments weren't available. I hate to think of how my children would have suffered so much more.
3. A clear sky and a clear mind. It's beautiful outside with clear blue skies, blossoming trees, and warm spring weather. Likewise I feel like my mind is much clearer. I was on medication for the past four weeks but I felt like my condition was just worsening. I felt chronically tired and spaced out with a constant underlying anxiety about everything. I finally decided to stop taking it and I'm feeling much better already. We'll see how things go without it, but for now I'm grateful to be feeling more like myself- able to enjoy the little things and able to conquer the bigger, harder things.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment