Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Overnight Get-Away

I know Liam loves me because he is taking me on an over-night get-away. But I need to talk to him about his choice of destination...the ER isn't exactly my idea of an enjoyable mother-son outing. He was admitted because his oxygen saturation levels are too low when he's sleeping. This is most likely the result of a viral infection like RSV that has caused bronchiolitis in his lungs. The docs are putting him on oxygen, giving him albuterol breathing treatments and monitoring his oxygen saturation and wheezing.

We are all settled into our hospital hotel room and Liam is fast asleep. So far his oxygen levels have been good (I hope I'm not jinxing myself here). I would post some pics but I'm using Bobby's iPad and I haven't figured out how to do that yet (anyone know how??). Hopefully we won't be staying long.

No comments: