1. Crimped hair. Lillian is into wavy hair. For the past two nights she has slept with a french braid in her hair so it will have that crimped, wavy look in the morning. Last night she took a bath and I braided her hair while it was still wet so the wave would stay in longer. Lillian loves the new do and she likes to watch herself in the mirror while she whips her hair back and forth. I think she's beautiful no matter how her hair is done, but it's fun to be girly-girly with her and get excited about a new hair style. I can only imagine what it will be like when she's 16. . .

2. Walking on the yellow. Every day after we drop Lillian off at school and are walking across the school yard to the van in the parking lot, Sydney wants "to walk on the yellow," which means she wants to walk on the yellow curb. I have to hold her hand while she walks so she won't fall off and when we get to the van she jumps down. It's the highlight of our morning. Thank goodness for the simple things in life. Like yellow curbs.
3. The way Lillian draws eyes. She gets and blue crayon and draws a circle for the blue part and then colors a black circle in the middle for the pupil. It makes for a very wide-eyed look. I love it.


I also love her seahorse drawings. The small circles are the babies that the daddy seahorse is carrying around. I think she learned that from reading Eric Carle's "Mister Seahorse". I love how Lillian is starting to draw real things (and I'm starting to be able to recognize what they are instead of saying- "Oh, how nice! What is it?") :)

4. Lunch with my sister. We went to a great Indian place called Saffron Kitchen. I got my usual chicken tikka masala...mmm, so good!! I'm so fortunate to have my sister and to live so close to her. It makes me so happy that she wants to spend time with me and that she makes time in her busy schedule to hang out.
5. Belmont Plateau. It's not far from our house and it has a great view of the city. We walked there tonight and took some pictures of the kiddos and let them run around on the big grassy hill. We like to drive by it at night when you can see all the lights from the big buildings in the city. The girls call it the "sparkly city." Tonight we happened to run into a friend who was so nice to take a family photo for us. Some day I would like to have a big, panoramic photo of the Philly skyline framed in our home. By the time Bobby is done with residency in 4 years (but who's counting??) our total amount of time in Philly will be 9 years. That will be more than a quarter of my life!
1 comment:
I miss Philly so much! Jealous! (sorta... the beach is pretty nice!)
Post a Comment