Friday, February 3, 2012

Today I'm thankful for...

1. Naps. Enough said.

2. Bobby's phone calls. He's on call [again], but he manages to call us whenever he gets a chance, even if he only has literally 3 seconds to talk. Tonight he called us on video chat while he was walking down the hallway between patients' rooms. The girls got to say hi/bye/good night and blow kisses to their daddy, who gave some in return. He just called me again to see how my night was going, to see if the kids are asleep (they're in bed, but not asleep yet). As soon as I answered I heard his pager go off twice in a row. We couldn't talk long, but it was nice to hear his voice. Knowing that he's thinking of me at work makes me smile. :)

3. Training underwear. I bought some for Sydney and she's so excited about it. She says, "I have underwear like Lilly?!?!?!" She wore them for the first time today. She managed to keep them dry for about 2 hours before she confessed, "I go tinkle in my underwear. Wash my bum bum?" We'll keep working on it.

4. Feeling better. I started feeling so nauseous on Wednesday night that I went to bed at 7:30 and could hardly get out of bed until 1:30 on Thursday afternoon. I can't remember the last time I felt that awful- 3 pregnancies never even got that bad. If I had to get sick I chose a good time to do it. Bobby just happened to get home early on Wednesday so he was able to finish dinner and get the girls to bed. Then my mom was able to help me all day on Thursday before she and my dad left town for the weekend. I don't know how I would've survived without her. I'm also glad Lillian is feeling better, too. Her cough was pretty bad yesterday, and by the afternoon (just as I was starting to feel better) she developed a fever and threw up. It only lasted a few hours though and she was fine last night and well enough today to go back to school for her class's bear party- they just ended a 2 week unit all about bears.

5. Liam's bright blue eyes. I just love it when he looks at me and smiles. Makes my heart melt, I'm so in love with him!


Liam's Baby Blessing





I just can't get enough of his little white suit and that adorable smile!!

1 comment:

Tom and Tara Lyman said...

ooh he is so cute! I just know that I would gobble him up! So good to see pictures. i need to post some of ours. YAY for babies! LOVE YOU GUYS!!! AyHa! Now I'm crying.