1. The dimples in Liam's chubby little hands.
2. Mini marshmallows in hot chocolate.
3. Bobby taking out the trash and scraping the snow and ice off the van at 5:30 on Thursday morning before he left. It was a nice surprise, especially since we were running really late that morning!
4. Playtime with tunnels.
5. A clear mind. It's hard to think straight when anxiety and depression start to settle in. I had to battle it this week, and I'm so grateful that the past couple of days have been a lot better.
6. Bobby's prayers. Bobby always says a prayer with me before he leaves in the morning. It's usually at the crack of dawn (or before) and I'm only half-conscious in bed. Some days I don't remember it at all! Lately, though, he has said some really nice things to help me overcome this nasty round of anxiety and depression. His prayers are so heart-felt and sincere and I know they help me get through the day.
7. Lillian's birthday card and giraffe family. Lillian made a birthday card for a preschool friend who had a party today. We made it together while Sydney and Liam were snoozing during their afternoon naps. She wrote "Happy Birthday" on the front by herself- she almost remembered how to spell "happy" on her own, and she did most of "birthday" too! On the inside she drew an entire family of giraffes (I have no idea why she chose giraffes) and I labeled who was who, from Mommy Giraffe to Grandpa Giraffe to Aunt and Uncle Giraffe! They were the cutest looking giraffes I've ever seen and by far better than anything I could have produced. I'm so amazed at her drawing abilities and I love her creativity!

No comments:
Post a Comment