1. Netflix Watch Instantly movies. It's the only thing getting us through the day. Lillian woke up at 2:00 a.m. throwing up. Thankfully Bobby heard her before I got out of my sleeping stupor and got her to the bathroom and cleaned up. Then he made her a little bed on the floor next to his side of the bed. Lillian threw up off and on for an hour before settling down and going back to sleep around 3:00. She threw up every half hour until 6:00, and Bobby was so nice to take care of her until he had to leave. She's been a lot better, but is still throwing up every couple of hours. She's all set up on the couch with towels under her, puke bowl nearby and a bottle of grape Gatorade (thank you, Jeni, for dropping it off!!) within reach. She perks up every now and then but overall seems pretty miserable. If it's what I had a few weeks ago I know it's not fun. I only hope it's the same thing that Sydney had last week and not a new bug that everyone else will get eventually. However, if it weren't for Netflix and Balto III we would probably be feeling a bit worse.

2. Hot showers. Since Lillian threw up all over her bed sheets I decided to wash them in the hot water cycle. Normally we're cheap and we use cold water, but this was a special circumstance. Being the genius that I am, I decided to take a shower at the same time as all the hot water was being used in the washing machine. The warm water in my shower lasted about thirty seconds before it started getting cold. It made for a very fast, brisk shower. And it left me feeling very thankful for the hot showers that I normally have.
3. Hardwood floors. Speaking of puking, Sydney threw up on the floor a couple of days ago because she was crying so hard. She went into a fit of hysteria (also known as a terrible-twos-temper-tantrum) because I wouldn't let her have her ba-boo while she walked around and played. She gagged on her tears and puked up her sandwich all over the bedroom floor. It was gross to clean up, but at least it was easy. Our wood floors may be horrifically refinished, but at least they're not absorbent.
No comments:
Post a Comment