Monday, February 6, 2012

Today I'm thankful for...

1. La luna. It was big and visible low in the sky late this afternoon. Now it is shining bright way up high. Whenever Lillian or Sydney see the moon they point to it and say, "la luna!!"

2. York Peppermint Patties. These are my favorite. They're especially good when they are frozen, so I like to keep one stashed away in the freezer. On particularly difficult days when I need a chocolatey pick-me-up I pull it out and take a few satisfying bites- or sometimes I just devour the whole thing. Yesterday was an eat-the-whole-patty kind of day. :)

3. Sisters. I'm so glad I have a sister, and I'm especially lucky to live so close to her! She's an amazing person who is doing amazing things with her life. She's smart and nice, and I'm just so happy to have her in my life. I'm also thankful that Lillian and Sydney are sisters. Last night they insisted on sitting next to each other during dinner. The whole time during dinner they kept goofing off with each other and laughing hysterically. It made eating a bit of a challenge, but it was fun to watch them. Sister certainly share a special relationship.

4. Old MacDonald Had a Farm...Ee-i-ee-i-OH! Sydney has requested that we sing this song on the way to Lilly's preschool every morning for the past week. It's become a fun tradition. She's getting better at picking farm animals like cows and pigs instead of wild safari animals like giraffes and zebras, whose sounds are very challenging to reproduce.

5. Friends who I can relate to. Depression has been rearing its ugly head in my life over the past few weeks and it isn't go away like I hoped it would. I'm so grateful for my friends and family who can relate to me on this issue and those I can comfortably talk to about it. I'm still debating the possibility of going back on medication and weighing the risks of breastfeeding while being on an anti-depressant. I'm ready to stop if I need to, but it's been so easy this time around that I'll be sad to put it to an end. We'll see how things go...

6. Bobby's enthusiasm for ortho. Even though there are plenty of days that he comes home needing to vent about things that happened at the hospital, there are lots of other times he gets excited about "the cool thing" he did or saw during surgery. I'm glad he likes what he does. I don't know how anyone could survive med school or residency without loving what they do. It takes a lot of passion to get through such a tough experience.


Ooh, they're so cute!




1 comment:

Aimee said...

LOVE the photo of the three of them! If you ever go get some printed out, I would love to have that one. I am sorry to hear you have been feeling down lately, that sucks. I really hope you feel better soon and if that means getting back on medication, I hope you don't beat yourself up about the breast feeding. I know it has got to be SO hard, but maybe you can do both. You are such a GREAT mom and FANTASTIC person! Always remember that! You are in my thoughts. Love you.
Aimee