Monday, May 21, 2012

Today I'm thankful for...

1. 6 months and applesauce.  Liam turned 6 months last week and he started "solid" (not really so solid, if you ask me) food on Friday.  I don't think you can really call it eating, though- he just makes funny faces when he tastes the food, gags a little, then spits most of it back out.  We're still working on the whole swallow thing.  Either way, it's fun to see his big sisters try to feed him, too.  I have to keep a watchful eye out and remind them (Sydney especially) not to shove the spoon in his mouth.  Bless them and their enthusiasm to help.  :)  Here's a little video I took for Grandpa during Liam's first feeding.

 

My 6-month little guy!


2. Sydney's afternoon nap.  Sydney used to take 2-3 hour naps like a champ every day.  Now that we've exiled her baboo, however, she refuses to take them.  She pitched a huge fit this afternoon when I put my foot down like a good mom and insisted that she take a nap.  It took about half an hour to calm her down and get her to sleep.  Liam happened to be napping at the same time, so I laid down with Sydney to take a nap, too.  Lucky me!  About 10 minutes later, though, Liam woke up and my nap went out the window.  Then I realized that I had to leave in about 15 minutes to get Lillian from school.  That meant I would have to wake Sydney up from her nap (the one that I worked so hard to get her to take), and she would probably be totally cranky from waking up too soon.  I was not looking forward to this when Bobby called and said he could pick Lillian up from school so Sydney could finish her nap.  Hallelujah!  Thank you, thank you, Bobby.  Sydney slept until 4pm just like the good ole' days with the baboo.  Of course, it came back to bite me tonight when she was a nightmare to get to bed because she wasn't tired.  Oh, well.  You take what you get, when you get it.

3. Bed time.  It was a painful process to get all three kids to bed tonight.  I was grumpy, so they were grumpy, which made me grumpier...and thus went 'round the vicious cycle.  Liam was cranky and needed attention.  Sydney wasn't tired and she decided to refine her stubborn disobedience by not listening to a dang thing I told her.  And Lillian just had an emotional breakdown.  After nearly two and a half hours of getting in and out of bed, multiple trips to the bathroom, requests for medicine for varying ailments, bed-hopping, crying, baboo-back-in-mouth, holding, bouncing, mobile on, mobile off, complaining, fears calmed, comforting, night lights on....anyways, they all finally fell asleep.  Phew!  After a therapeutic pep talk from Bobby over the phone I am feeling much better.  The only other thing that will help me feel even better is getting a decent night's sleep, so I'm signing off for now.  Buenas noches!  Que te duermes con los angelitos!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Amanda he is so gosh darn cute. His eyes are amazing! he looks like Syd right?! I cannot wait to get my hands on him and give him some lovin' this summer.