Today I'm thankful for...
1. The questions that Sydney asks. Tonight at dinner she asked, "Mommy, do T-Rex eat cheese?" One of life's important questions, no doubt.
2. The Wii. Last night we acquired our very first Wii from some friends who were getting rid of theirs. Lillian and Sydney have already mastered Wii baseball. They played their first 3-inning game against each other today, taking turns pitching and batting. The game ended with a 0-0 tie. There were lots of foul balls, a few good hits, and plenty of strike-outs. The girls loved it. It was fun to watch them and to help with their hitting and pitching. Most of the Wii players were girls- maybe it'll help Lillian warm up to playing real T-ball?
3. Anesthesia. Although it would be nice to receive some anesthetic meds to knock me out once in a while (j/k!), that's not what I mean by anesthesia. I'm so grateful that Bobby is on his anesthesia rotation and that it's at the "close hospital" as the girls call it- really close to Lillian's school and close to home. The schedule is awesome. I don't understand why he doesn't want to switch his specialty to anesthesia. ;-) He doesn't have to leave the house until 8 am, which has allowed him to bring Lillian to school a few times (and I've even slept in- wahoo!). He gets done early in the afternoons, which has allowed him to pick Lillian up from school, too! I'm getting spoiled. We've seen him a lot more and he's been getting much more sleep than he did last month. It's been a blessing to have this rotation immediately following his general surgery rotation- such a tender mercy to have the time to recover and recuperate after a horrible schedule last month.
4. Catching up. I have a ton of stuff that I want to post from the past week, but now is not the time to do it. I need to go to bed. I'm making the executive decision to ignore the dishes in the sink, the toys on the floor, and the 3 laundry baskets that are stacked in the hallway filled with clean clothes waiting to be put away. Who knows- maybe the housecleaning fairy will come while I sleep and wave it all away with her magic wand.
Monday, May 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment