Lillian and Sydney have been saying some funny cute things lately.
On Saturday we took a family trip to the Please Touch Museum. I found myself alone with Sydney in the 3 and under play area that's set up like a little town. I had fun watching her play in one of the houses, as she would go up and down the front steps, walk across the little porch and ring the doorbell (which actually rings) and talk to her imaginary friends when they opened the door. Then she found a Sydney-sized wooden push broom and she put herself to work sweeping the front porch. Every time I told her to look up and smile so I could take her picture she would say, "No, Mom, I can't. I'm too busy brooming!" It was so cute!
Tonight I read bedtime books to the kids in my bed. Sydney picked Fancy Nancy "Everyday is Earth Day" (for the fifth night in a row...). Afterwards Lillian and I started talking in British accents, trying to be fancy like Nancy (not that she's British, or that you have to be British to be fancy, but British accents are just fun and you have to admit that they do sound quite fancy). We were cracking each other up and as I was smiling and laughing Lillian looked at me and said, "Your face gets PIMPLES when you smile!" It took me a split second to get what she said, then I asked her, "You mean DIMPLES?" She responded with, "Oops, yeah! Dimples!" She was a little embarrassed by her mistake, but we just laughed at that, too. :)
Monday, March 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment