Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"Free Herd Shoop"

Lillian and Sydney have been up to something in the bathroom upstairs.  They told me I wasn't allowed to go up and see what they were doing.  That either means they're doing something they know they're not supposed to be doing, or they're cooking up some big surprise for me.  I decided I didn't have enough energy to go investigate if it was the former, and lucky for me it wasn't!  

I just got back from a little spa treatment.  When they finally beckoned me upstairs I saw this sign on the bathroom door:


Lillian translated it for me: Free Hair Shop by Lilly and Sydney - Love, The Shop.  Then she drew some decorated Easter eggs on it.  The girls were dressed in their fancy summer flower girl dresses and they directed me to sit in a little chair that was on the side of the bathtub.  They had a little towel to put on my neck under my hair and they wanted me to lean my head over the edge into the tub while they poured a big bucket of water over my hair.  Then they would "squeeze the water out of my hair with the towel," as Lillian explained.  

I hesitated for a moment, not only because I didn't want to get doused with water all over my head, most of which would undoubtedly land on the floor, but also because I actually took a shower today and already did my hair.  Having curly hair, it's kind of an ordeal to get my hair wet because it means I have to style it afterwards (if you have curly hair, you'll totally understand).  I explained this to the girls and asked if they could paint my nails instead- I tempted them with the offer by telling them they could even pick out any color they wanted!  They were thrilled with the idea, so I sat down in the chair with the little towel in my lap instead of on my shoulders and the girls busily went to work.  After a meticulous nail painting session, I feel pretty and pampered, and Lillian says the colors make me ready for Easter!


The picture above is our attempt to take a self portrait- Sydney hit the button for us.  Lillian painted my left hand orange and Sydney did my right hand with pink!  I'm so lucky to have girls to take care of me!!

1 comment:

Tom and Tara Lyman said...

How cute is that! I bet they are best (fighting) friends. That is such a wonderful mommy story! Hope Easter finds you on a wonderful SUNNY WARM day! love ya!