Today I'm thankful for . . .
1. My organized spice cabinet. I bought these turny-table things the week we moved into this house. That was over SEVEN months ago! Just tonight I FINALLY put them in the cabinet and organized my spices! Have I mentioned how it takes me FOREVER to unpack and get organized?? It's such a relief to have all my little spices in a nice, neat place. They were falling all over the place before and it was a horrible mess. Now I can breathe when I look at it...and I can also find what I'm looking for without having the garlic powder tumble over and land on my head. I should've taken a "before" picture for comparison...
2. Feeling thankful. Gratitude is a blessing. It makes life more pleasant, enjoyable, and worthwhile. It's not easy to be grateful all the time, though...it certainly takes practice and hard work. I try really hard to have a thankful attitude, and I empathize with those who find it difficult. I know that when I'm dealing with depression it's really hard to feel truly thankful. During those times I know that I am thankful, but I don't feel the deep-down gratitude that brings joy and relief into my life. I'm thankful that I'm going through a period in my life when my heart is filled with so much gratitude and happiness.
3. Friends. I went to a baby shower today. I had to bring all three kiddies with me because Bobby was stuck at the hospital waiting for the cardiologist to show up and give the approval for a patient to go to the OR to fix a broken hip. Lillian and Sydney immediately split to go play with the hostess's daughter who is 4 and just as spunky and fun as my girls are. Liam, on the other hand, started wandering around begging for food and looking for trouble. My friends immediately swooped in and got Liam some yummy banana chocolate chip bread to eat, they guarded the basement door so he wouldn't tumble down the stairs, they grabbed him off the upstairs staircase each time he started to climb up, they cleaned up the cup of water he knocked over on the floor, and they carried him down to the basement so he could play with the girls. My friends are awesome!
4. Phone calls. My sister-in-law called today, just to chat. We don't normally do that over the phone. It was nice to talk about random stuff--mostly our kids--and to get caught up on how she's doing. Miraculously, her kids were napping and Lillian and Sydney were entertaining themselves nicely while Liam was napping, too. It was the quietest, most attentive phone conversation I've had in a long time! My mom called me yesterday morning just to see how I was. After Lillian took the phone from me and talked to her for 15 minutes I got some time to talk to her, too, which was nice. This evening my sister called from the airport to say good bye and to schedule a Google Chat session while she's abroad. And not too long ago a friend messaged me on Facebook to say she missed me. It's nice to know that people are thinking about me, and that they take the time to keep in touch. I think about my family and friends all the time, but I'm horrible at contacting them...something I would like to improve.
No comments:
Post a Comment