Little Charlotte Amalie has been on my mind a lot lately. She decided to make an early entrance into this world on Sunday- at only 24 weeks, 2 days gestational period and weighing 1.2 lbs, 11 inches long. I had the privilege to see her today and she is the tiniest, most precious and delicate thing I've ever seen. I've been thinking a lot about her mom, too, and how she is such an example of strength and optimism. Charlotte has a wonderful mommy, daddy, and big brother who love her very much. Her friends love her, too.
I told Lillian that I was going to visit her today. I told her that she's at the hospital so the doctors can take care of her. Lillian got concerned and asked, "Charlotte have legs? Charlotte have eyes? Charlotte have a bum?" Yes, Charlotte has all those things, I told her. Then she asked, "I hold her?" When she gets bigger and stronger, I said, but for now we can blow her kisses! So we both blew kisses out the window. While I was away, Lillian stayed home with Grandma and drew some pictures for Charlotte. On one of them she had my mom write, "To Charlotte's Mommy: I love Charlotte. I hope you get better." Children are so precious.
We love you, Charlotte, and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers every day.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment