Thursday, March 11, 2010

An Eventful Wednesday

Wednesday was a big day for Sydney and Lillian. Sydney turned 6 months old and Lillian got her first haircut (after 2 1/2 years, it was about time)!!

To celebrate Sydney's half-birthday, we had a little photo shoot.

Then we went to the park and she took her first ride in the swings!

At dinner, we decorated a blueberry pancake with a whipped cream number 6 and stuck a candle in it. We figured she should have half a candle for her age and half a candle for good luck, making one whole candle! We sang Happy Birthday and Lillian helped her blow out the candle.


Then Sydney stuck her hand in the whipped cream and snatched out the candle- she must be practicing for the big cake in six more months!


Sydney is almost sitting up on her own. She can hold herself up for a few seconds before she slowly starts to slump to one side, then bottoms out on the floor! She grabs for everything in sight and anything she manages to get a hold of, she tries to put in her mouth. She drools 10 gallons a day and soaks the fronts of all her shirts. Most of her hair from birth has fallen out, but it's starting to grow back on top in fuzzy little tufts. The back of her head is still quite bald (and slightly lop-sided), but she's still CUTE and we love her LOTS!!

Lillian was a champ through her haircut. We turned on the TV, gave her a lollipop, and plopped her in the chair.



Two lollipops and a handful of marshmallows later, she was nicely trimmed up with a cute little flipped-out do. If only I had the patience and the know-how to make her look that cute every day!



BEFORE

AFTER

I've been keeping track of some of the things Lillian says. She's really exploring the English language and coming up with her own grammatical structures and phrases. Here are some of my favorites (with translations when needed):

"I can't how to do it!"
[I don't know how to do it!]

"I'm big just a little bit."

"I don't want to maybe."

"You wanna get 3 like me and go pwekool?!"
[Do you want to turn 3 like me next year so you can go to preschool, too?!]

"Don't wash my haircut!"

"I can touch him. He not wild like a bear."
[Referring to the 9-month old I babysat this morning.]

"My birthday on July, on summertime."

"She tired, pwobawee."
[Sydney is probably crying because she's tired, Mommy.
You should put her to bed so we can go play together.]


I love my girls!!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Aww!! So adorable!

Unknown said...

can she possibly be any cuter?!

Unknown said...

I can't get over Sydney's contagious smile! I'd love to meet this one! Any chance you'll be in SLC this summer?:)