Today I'm thankful for...
1. Bobby's surprise trip home. He spends a lot of time driving and sacrifices many hours of sleep to be home with us. I'm grateful that he wants to be home with his wife and family.
2. Mini-golf at Franklin Square! I scrapped my YMCA kettlebell workout so we could join some friends for the outing. The initial plan was for Lillian to go with them while I took Syd and Liam to my Y workout, but late last night I got word from the mom that she actually didn't have room in her car due to seating arrangements and such, which meant Lillian couldn't go. She had been so excited and was telling everyone about her plans earlier that day. She was totally heartbroken when I gave her the bad news, but she handled it very well despite the fact that I could tell she wanted to burst into tears about it. I felt so bad for her, and the next thing I knew I was offering to skip my workout so I could take her instead. I love my kettlebells, but I love Lilly more. And mini golf was fun! Lillian got two hole-in-ones- the best one was the last one which was the Liberty Bell and she made it ring! Sydney swung her golf club like a baseball bat, and Liam never took less than 20 strokes to get the ball in each hole. I see a bright future of mini-golfing for my family.



3. Leap-frog and leg wrestling on the living room floor, followed by a silly dance party.
4. My whole little family gathered around the dining table together to share a taco dinner.
5. Kids in bed when it's still light outside.
1. Bobby's surprise trip home. He spends a lot of time driving and sacrifices many hours of sleep to be home with us. I'm grateful that he wants to be home with his wife and family.
2. Mini-golf at Franklin Square! I scrapped my YMCA kettlebell workout so we could join some friends for the outing. The initial plan was for Lillian to go with them while I took Syd and Liam to my Y workout, but late last night I got word from the mom that she actually didn't have room in her car due to seating arrangements and such, which meant Lillian couldn't go. She had been so excited and was telling everyone about her plans earlier that day. She was totally heartbroken when I gave her the bad news, but she handled it very well despite the fact that I could tell she wanted to burst into tears about it. I felt so bad for her, and the next thing I knew I was offering to skip my workout so I could take her instead. I love my kettlebells, but I love Lilly more. And mini golf was fun! Lillian got two hole-in-ones- the best one was the last one which was the Liberty Bell and she made it ring! Sydney swung her golf club like a baseball bat, and Liam never took less than 20 strokes to get the ball in each hole. I see a bright future of mini-golfing for my family.



3. Leap-frog and leg wrestling on the living room floor, followed by a silly dance party.
4. My whole little family gathered around the dining table together to share a taco dinner.
5. Kids in bed when it's still light outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment