Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Today I'm thankful for...

1. The horsies. Chamounix Stables is close to our house and more or less on our way home from bringing Lillian to school. Sydney always wants to "go see the horsies" so this morning we stopped and paid them a little visit. We fed them grass and clover from our side of the fence (where the grass really was greener), then we visited the fat little goat who is also a permanent resident at the stables. I love going here almost as much as the girls do. It has made for countless fun family outings during our five years in this neighborhood. I think I'm starting to get nostalgic at the thought of leaving this area. Even though we won't be going far, I know we won't be able to visit our horsie friends as often.



2. Late dinner. I didn't get dinner on the table until 6:30 tonight, which is a little later than usual. It turned out to be a blessing because Bobby came home a few minutes later (earlier than he had expected) and he was able to join us for dinner on a week night for the first time since...I can't remember the last time...it's been a while. During med school he made it a priority to be home for dinner, no matter how much studying he needed to do. I'm grateful for his sacrifice during a time when he could control his schedule. Now it's a rare treat to have him home for dinner and it's definitely something I miss. Family dinner time is important. I remember it around my dinner table growing up, and it's something that I want my kids to look forward to, to value, and to remember when they are older.

3. Growing up. Out of the blue Sydney said, "I don't need my baboo anymore!! It not hurt my teef!!" What a big girl she is!! A few hours later she cried for it when I tried to lay down with her for a nap. I fell asleep but she never did. Maybe she's growing out of nap time too. My little girl is growing up. *Sigh*

No comments: