Dear Tasha,
We had tacos for dinner last night. It reminded me of you because tacos were your favorite thing to have for dinner. It was one of the first meals we had together; you stuffed yourself with six whole tacos and had a stomach ache afterward. Later you told me that the reason you like tacos so much is the conversation they create around the dinner table- there are so many toppings sitting all over the table, that in order to get what you want, you have to ask, "will you please pass the ____" and, "could you pass the ____ please." This interaction and passing around of food was appealing to you. I always thought that was endearing.
Little things like this remind me of you on a daily basis. I'm not the only one who remembers. Lillian saw a blow dryer in the YMCA bathroom a few days ago. As she blow dried her hair she said, "Tasha have a pink one!" She frequently asks me, "Where Tasha? Where her bed?"
I ask myself the same questions. I wonder where you are, who you're with, how you're feeling, if you're safe....if you're thinking of me. If you know that I'm thinking of you.
I miss you.
My relationship with you made me a better person and it made our family stronger.
I wish I knew how you were doing.
No matter how much time goes by, I will always want to hear from you.
I love you,
Amanda
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey amanda. i've been thinking of tasha alot lately and wanting to call her. is she not living with you anymore? where is she living? did she move back with her family? tasha is such a special girl- she will always have a special place in my heart. if you have a way to contact her, will you pass it on to me? i would love to email or call her or even mail her something! thanks amanda!
Post a Comment