Tuesday, February 5, 2008

We're paranoid parents!

I realized today that Bobby and I are typical paranoid first-time parents.  Last night Lillian developed a terribly congested nose which later turned into a nasty sounding cough.  She woke up more than usual during the night and stayed awake for more than two hours, not wanting me to put her down.  Pneumonia!  Bronchitis!  Or maybe (if we're lucky), it's just the flu!  We made an emergency appointment with her new pediatrician first thing in the morning.  Her doctor was great.  She looked Lillian over, then smiled at us and said, "It's just a little cold."  A few salt water nose drops and some good sleep would clear it right up.  The paranoid parents were relieved.  We let Lillian flirt with the third year med student for a few minutes (she was all giggles and dimples for him!) then we headed back home.

Now Lillian is trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in.  As I've been writing this she's woken up three times, all teary-eyed and coughing...poor thing.  She's finally settled on her side, which I hope will carry her comfortably through the rest of the night (or at least until the early morning hours when she wakes up for a feeding).

No comments: