Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Today I'm thankful for...

1. The little fat rolls on Cami's wrists. She's the chubbiest baby I've ever had, and I just want to eat her up!

2. Lillian's tennis lessons at the park. We packed a picnic dinner tonight because we had to pick Lilly up from Girl Scouts after school at 5 PM, then be at the park by 6 pm for her tennis. It was too cold and cloudy to eat outside at the picnic tables so we picnicked in the van instead. When Lilly's tennis lesson started, I pushed Sydney and Liam on the swings. Sydney is getting really good at pumping her legs to keep swinging on her own, and she tried to instruct Liam on how to do it...he's slowly getting it. They had so much fun swinging and it made me so happy to hear them laughing and talking together. After the swings we huddled together under a blanket and watched Lillian play her tennis. When a ball would escape, Sydney and Liam would jump up and retrieve it. Cami was a good little sister and stayed asleep all bundled up in her stroller. I look forward to going back next week, I just hope the weather is warmer.









3. Mother's Day Tea Party at Liam's preschool. This is a tradition every year. The moms dress up in flowery dresses and hats and have tea and cookies with their preschoolers. The best part is when all the kids get up and sing a bunch of adorable songs. I loved the enthusiasm Liam had while he was singing. I could tell that he was really excited and proud to be part of the special Mother's Day program for me. He also gave me a flower craft with his picture on it that he made in class. He managed to keep it a secret all week long, which I know was hard for him. He only almost spilled the beans once, but he caught himself in time and said, "Oh wait, I can't say that! That would ruin the surprise!" Then a sheepish grin spread across his face. I love this kid so much and he's getting so big!







4. The official invitation to Bobby's residency graduation ceremony at the end of June. This era is coming to an end and I can't believe it. I'm excited, terrified, relieved, happy, and sad all at the same time. I can't wait to move on to the next phase in our lives, yet I want time to stand still so I can enjoy our last weeks, days and moments here in this place and in this phase before it is over forever. Eventually these last five years of residency and four previous years of med school before that will be a long distant memory, and part of me is struggling to come to terms with that, as this is all I've known for so long. We're about to enter the "real world" and I have no idea what to expect. These have been hard years, yet very precious ones also. I'm glad they're coming to an end, but I will always cherish them.

No comments: