Today I'm thankful for...
1. My four beautiful children who call me Mom- for their love, affection, their beautiful blue eyes, their smiles and laughs, their hugs, their questions, and their endless imaginations. They challenge me in new ways every day and they help me be a better person with each moment. There are still moments when I look at them and time stops for a split second and my heart skips a beat. I'm so in love with them and so grateful to call them mine.
2. My mom. The more mothering I do, the more I realize how hard her job was and how good she was (and still is) at it. I've come to understand and appreciate all that she sacrificed and struggled with to raise us. I'm still in awe at the love and compassion that she always shows and I hope to emulate that amazing trait about her.
3. My mother in law. She raised an amazing son who is faithful, hard working and intelligent, and who I am grateful to call my husband. I'm grateful to her for accepting me into her family with open arms and for all the support she gives us.
4. My own private Mother's Day concert from the kids. I missed the songs they sang during church today, which totally broke my heart. Sydney even went up to sing which is a really brave thing for her to do. They knew I was really sad about it, so before dinner Bobby lined the kids up in front of me and led them in singing the Mother's Day song. I soaked it all up and cried. I loved hearing their little voices sing and seeing the big smiles on their faces and getting big hugs and kisses from them afterwards.
4. The delicious dinner Bobby cooked tonight. He grilled salmon and made my favorite pineapple-lime rice with cilantro. I'm so grateful for a husband who can cook!
5. The yellow flower that Liam gave to me. He said he found it on the bathroom floor at church. Delightful!
6. Priesthood blessings. Bobby's home teacher came over tonight to give him a blessing before he takes boards this week. He's been studying hard and trying his best to prepare. I know he's stressed about it. We've all been praying for him and I'm grateful that the blessing could give him the confidence and comfort he needed.
7. Sleep. As I've been writing most of this, Cami has been refusing to go to sleep. Her wide awake time is 9pm until 11pm. This is not conducive to getting anywhere near a good night's sleep, particularly with two night/early morning feedings to do. I've come to realize how much my body relies on sleep and how much better I feel and act when I actually get enough of it. So on that note I'm going to bed. Bobby has Cami and hopefully she'll decide it's time to sleep, too.
1. My four beautiful children who call me Mom- for their love, affection, their beautiful blue eyes, their smiles and laughs, their hugs, their questions, and their endless imaginations. They challenge me in new ways every day and they help me be a better person with each moment. There are still moments when I look at them and time stops for a split second and my heart skips a beat. I'm so in love with them and so grateful to call them mine.
2. My mom. The more mothering I do, the more I realize how hard her job was and how good she was (and still is) at it. I've come to understand and appreciate all that she sacrificed and struggled with to raise us. I'm still in awe at the love and compassion that she always shows and I hope to emulate that amazing trait about her.
3. My mother in law. She raised an amazing son who is faithful, hard working and intelligent, and who I am grateful to call my husband. I'm grateful to her for accepting me into her family with open arms and for all the support she gives us.
4. My own private Mother's Day concert from the kids. I missed the songs they sang during church today, which totally broke my heart. Sydney even went up to sing which is a really brave thing for her to do. They knew I was really sad about it, so before dinner Bobby lined the kids up in front of me and led them in singing the Mother's Day song. I soaked it all up and cried. I loved hearing their little voices sing and seeing the big smiles on their faces and getting big hugs and kisses from them afterwards.
4. The delicious dinner Bobby cooked tonight. He grilled salmon and made my favorite pineapple-lime rice with cilantro. I'm so grateful for a husband who can cook!
5. The yellow flower that Liam gave to me. He said he found it on the bathroom floor at church. Delightful!
6. Priesthood blessings. Bobby's home teacher came over tonight to give him a blessing before he takes boards this week. He's been studying hard and trying his best to prepare. I know he's stressed about it. We've all been praying for him and I'm grateful that the blessing could give him the confidence and comfort he needed.
7. Sleep. As I've been writing most of this, Cami has been refusing to go to sleep. Her wide awake time is 9pm until 11pm. This is not conducive to getting anywhere near a good night's sleep, particularly with two night/early morning feedings to do. I've come to realize how much my body relies on sleep and how much better I feel and act when I actually get enough of it. So on that note I'm going to bed. Bobby has Cami and hopefully she'll decide it's time to sleep, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment