Saturday, April 30, 2016

Therapy is back session

It's time to revive the gratitude blog and its therapeutic qualities in my life. So here goes...

Today I'm grateful for...

1. The miracle of life. Camila Jeanne is one month old today. It has been one of the most difficult, sleep deprived, hormonal, and self-doubting months of my life.  At the same time, it has also been so filled with love, humility, and amazement. I thought that by kid number four I had most things figured out, and I honestly didn't expect things to be too terribly difficult.  But this little one has thrown me a big fat curve ball that I wasn't expecting. She teaches me something new every day, and I'm learning a lot about myself and my capabilities. Despite all the challenges, both physical and emotional, I am certainly grateful for this little girl and the blessing she is in my life and to my family.



2. Paul Cardall and his piano. They have helped many of us fall asleep when sleep
was desperately needed over the course of the past few weeks.

3. Bobby's patience. I've been on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. I'm grateful that he's able to help me endure the ride.

4. Drawings and love notes from Sydney, hugs and "I love you's" from Liam, and Lillian's care and compassion- she has been helping with things like doing laundry, reading with Sydney, packing her own lunch, and holding Cami for me.



5. Pink blossoms on the trees outside our house, and the way they make a carpet of pink when they fall onto the sidewalk.

6. How Lillian still likes to fall asleep in bed next to me. She's growing up so much, but it's moments like this that remind me that she's still my little girl.

No comments: