Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Snow, Snow, Go Away

Today I'm thankful for...

1. Temps above freezing and the sound of snow melting.  For a few hours this afternoon the sun was warm enough to melt the snow off the roofs, sidewalks, streets, and everywhere else.  It was music to my ears to hear the drip, drip, drip of melting snow!  I saw the wood floor of my balcony out back for the first time in over a week.  On our way to the bus stop to get Lillian after school I noticed that the snow pile on the edge of the sidewalk is taller than Liam!  Temps are supposed to hit 60 later this week.  Hopefully that will do a doozy on the snow.  It's pretty and all when it's freshly fallen and there's a magical white blanket coating everything with a sparkly shimmer.....but in my opinion there is nothing magical about this much snow.  Nothing.

2.  Play dates.  Sydney spent ALL DAY at a friend's house across the street.  For nearly six hours, her friend's mom said they played so well together and had a great time.  I missed her, but I was able to get so much done while Liam napped in the afternoon!  I'm so glad we have awesome neighbors who are friends with my kids.

3. My clean desk.  All the clutter and paper piles have been removed (or relocated).  I am now ready to tackle our 2013 taxes.  Hooray for me.

4. The 2 hour school delay this morning.  We got more snow last night.  I was not so excited about that, but it was nice to have more time to get up and going before Lillian had to be out the door for school.  I stayed up WAY too late last night watching the Olympics, then I got sucked into watching Jimmy Fallon's first night as host of The Tonight Show.  I'll admit that is was more U2 than Fallon that kept me watching, and it was mostly worth it, but I wouldn't be able to sustain and nightly ritual of watching The Tonight Show...do people really stay up that late every night??  Ha, listen to me...I'm looking at the clock and it's midnight.  Time for me to get my beauty rest.

No comments: