Today I'm thankful for . . .
1. The Christmas tree in my living room that is sparkling with lights and hanging with years of memories in ornaments.
2. Christmas songs- can't get enough of 'em! Yay!
3. My wonderful neighbor friends. T came over after the kids were asleep so I could do some much-needed grocery shopping tonight. I'm grateful to have milk in my fridge again, and for friends who are so supportive.
4. Only one [and a half] more shifts of night float this week. Bobby has been working the night shift since Sunday. He comes home in the morning and sleeps all day until he has to get up to go right back to the hospital. It's a pretty miserable schedule. Tomorrow night will be the last shift- wahoo!- until he has to do it again at the end of the month. :-/
5. Antibiotics. Liam got a wicked ear infection over Thanksgiving break and had a high fever for five days. His antibiotics are finally starting to kick in and he's getting back to his normal self. Thank goodness. Now I'm ready for my head cold and sinus pressure to go away.
6. My new nieces!! Bobby's sister had a baby girl a few days before Thanksgiving. Her name is Piper and she's adorable! Then, on Thanksgiving day, my brother and his wife welcomed the long-awaited arrival of Baby Jane into their sweet little family. I'm grateful that everyone is healthy and doing well!
7. A clean kitchen. Unfortunately my kitchen is NOT clean at the moment. There are dishes piled in the sink and dried up apple peels from lunch on the counter. But when it is clean I always take an extra moment to enjoy it. Because I know it won't last very long. Now I'm going to leave my messy kitchen and go to bed. Maybe the cleaning fairy will visit while I'm sleeping.
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment