Sunday, January 27, 2013

Full Moon, Nice Boots, and Water Heaters

Today I'm thankful for...

1. The big full moon shining in the night sky.

2. Nice compliments.  There's a girl at church who is about my same age and she always looks so cute with her clothes, her hair, and her accessories.  She's tall and slender and super nice and every time I see her I think, "gee, I wish I had her style."  Anyways, she commented on how she liked my skirt and boots today.  I was totally flattered, especially since I bought both of them before Lillian was born (heck, I think it was even before Bobby and I got married...they're that old).  I guess I've been wearing them long enough for them to go out of style, then come back in style...haha.  I felt pretty trendy for the rest of the day...until I got home and changed into comfy sweatpants. :)

3. Renters who seem interested in renewing their lease.  That would be such a blessing.  Cross your fingers and say a prayer for them to want to stay.

4. Our friend Enrique.  The hot water heater at our rental house in Delaware started leaking two weeks ago.  We called around to get some estimates on replacing it, and parts and labor totaled over $1000.  Eek!  Enrique came to the rescue.  He knew of a supplier in the area who had a good price on the water heater we needed (even cheaper than buying tax free in DE).  Then he spent his entire Saturday helping Bobby remove the old one and install the new one.  We saved hundreds of dollars and Bobby was able to get the job done quickly and with good company.  He was home in time for dinner AND he was in a good mood when he got here....two things that wouldn't have been possible without Enrique's help.  Gracias, amigo!

No comments: