Today I'm thankful for...
1. Blogging. *Sigh*
2. Our new house!! Our wonderful neighbors, a dishwasher, 3 bedrooms, a bigger bathroom, a much bigger kitchen, a double sink with a garbage disposal and a sprayer (it's the small things that make me happy), a covered porch strung with Christmas lights, our little yard, the little doggie named Fluffy that lives across the street, all the nannies who take care of the neighbors' kids who I get to hang out with, our little library that's within walking distance, the St. Joseph's University building across that street that we can see from our dining room window that Lillian says looks like a castle, the spider that spun a web in the flower bush by our sidewalk, bookshelves- lots of bookshelves, a fireplace, the nice lady across the street who has four daughters (the youngest is 11) who is off-loading all of her girly toys like tea sets and doll beds to us [where am I going to put it all??], did I mention our awesome neighbors and all the kids that Lillian, Sydney and Liam are becoming friends with? I love it here.
3. The big hugs and kisses that Sydney and Lillian gave to Daddy when he got home tonight. He said it melted his heart to see Sydney make the ASL "I love you" sign, then run across the room into his arms. His little girls are growing up so fast. :)
4. Liam's claps and waves. He's 8 1/2 months now! He is a pro at waving hello- his specialty is vigorously waving both arms at the same time while smiling and drooling. He has perfected his clap so that when he puts his little hands together it now makes a little clapping sound- I think that is one of the most adorable sounds a baby can make. He's an all-around happy little guy and I love him lots!
5. The Paint Bucket. My aunt is so creative! She's been teaching kindergarten for almost 10 years, and she has created her own literacy curriculum with these adorable little "teacher's creatures phonics puppets." Check them out at her website here: http://www.monacolane.com/. She has also put together a whole slew of homework kits that, in her own words, "make homework magical for children." She's sharing the kits on her blog (http://teacherscreaturesphonicspuppets.wordpress.com/), and this month it's the Paint Bucket, which focuses on colors, reading, and math. She shares PDF files for instructions on making the homework kit, related worksheets, and an activities list so parents know how to use it with their children. I can't wait to put one together for Lillian and Sydney- they will LOVE it!!
6. My sister and her wonderful friends. Audrey and her Penn Vet friend Michelle came over for dinner tonight. Michelle was so nice and all three kids warmed up to her so quickly. Audrey is such a kind and loving person herself, no wonder her friends are just as great. I hope they can come again soon.
7. Dr. Bobby. He spends so much time at the hospital taking care of other people who have physical ailments that sometimes he doesn't have the time to be a doctor at home when someone here needs his attention. But on Monday he pulled a double shift and came straight home from a 12 hour day at the hospital to be Dr. Husband. I was so sick that day that I actually threw up. I honestly can't remember the last time I threw up- despite having three pregnancies, various rounds of the flu, stomach virus, etc- it must have been 20 years ago or something. Anyways, I was feeling really awful and was basically glued to the couch. Bobby took care of dinner, clean up, baths, family home evening, story time and bed time, and he helped me get to bed, too. It really cut into his limited study time, but I am so grateful that he was here and that he took care of me. I'm also grateful to be feeling much, much better. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment