I'm grateful for...
1. Our earnest attempts to get our Christmas tree tonight. We always get a real tree. Usually we get it the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year, however, Bobby was on call and it was a busy call weekend so we didn't have time. We decided to make it our Monday night family home evening activity. The Christmas tree farm that is 25 minutes away and boasts visits from Santa and model trains is only open on weekends. I didn't want to wait, so we decided to hop on over to our local "Christmas tree farm" in the Lowe's garden center.
Just before we left, however, Bobby dropped his cell phone in a cooler of water (melted ice from Thanksgiving for fridge over flow space). The speakers stopped working then the touch screen went out. His cell phone is also his pager for the hospital, so it's crucial that he has it. Bobby headed straight for the Verizon store and I loaded the kids up and went to Lowe's. We oohed and aahed at all the Christmas blow up displays and lawn ornaments until Bobby met us there.
We picked out the perfect tree while the kids each found a tractor to play on. Back at home, Liam helped Bobby trim the lower boughs and get the tree in the tree stand. Then I helped Bobby with the painstaking task of getting the tree in perfect upright position. When everything finally looked good, we filled the tree stand with two big pitchers of water. I assigned Liam with the very important task of checking the water level every day. He asked me if that would require him to wake up early in the morning? I laughed and said, "No." He breathed a sigh of relief and readily accepted his assignment. Lillian volunteered to be the daily needle sweeper. Sydney wisely stayed quiet.
Pretty soon, however, it became obvious that water was leaking onto the floor. It appeared as though there was a small hole in the bottom of the tree stand. Bobby quickly lifted the entire tree up, water-filled stand and all, and maneuvered it across the room and out the door. The kids and I frantically followed behind with towels to wipe the spilled water up off the wood floors.
For now, our poor Christmas tree is still sitting on the front porch waiting to come in. We'll have to figure it out tomorrow because Bobby is already zonked out on the couch. All I can say is, we tried!


2. Liam's Magnatile creations. Today he made a tower slide and a floating dock.
3. Silly faces in Photo Booth. I love this on the iPads. You can make some pretty goody pictures with the different features. The kids and I did chipmunk faces on Lilly's last night, and today Liam and I sat the couch and took some ridiculously funny photos.
4. Cami's new little toofer! She's been drooling and gnawing for months and she's finally cutting her first tooth! Bobby felt it during church yesterday when she bit him! It's the bottom tooth on the right. So exciting!
5. Pizza Monday. Sydney forgot her lunch box at home today. Since we live 50 minutes from the school, I can't exactly run there real quick and drop it off for her. Her teacher assured me that Sydney would be taken care of and wouldn't go hungry. Relieved my worried Mom heart. When she got home, Sydney have me the lunch report. One of her classmates typically gets pizza on Mondays, but today she packed her lunch. Since lunches have to be purchased ahead of time, her pizza had already been bought and was available at lunch. This classmate gave her lunch ticket to Sydney so she could have the pizza instead. Lilly said she shared some of her lunch with Sydney also (the school is small, so the entire lower school eats in the cafeteria at the same time). I'm grateful for kind teachers, classmates, and big sister who took care of Sydney today!
1. Our earnest attempts to get our Christmas tree tonight. We always get a real tree. Usually we get it the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year, however, Bobby was on call and it was a busy call weekend so we didn't have time. We decided to make it our Monday night family home evening activity. The Christmas tree farm that is 25 minutes away and boasts visits from Santa and model trains is only open on weekends. I didn't want to wait, so we decided to hop on over to our local "Christmas tree farm" in the Lowe's garden center.
Just before we left, however, Bobby dropped his cell phone in a cooler of water (melted ice from Thanksgiving for fridge over flow space). The speakers stopped working then the touch screen went out. His cell phone is also his pager for the hospital, so it's crucial that he has it. Bobby headed straight for the Verizon store and I loaded the kids up and went to Lowe's. We oohed and aahed at all the Christmas blow up displays and lawn ornaments until Bobby met us there.
We picked out the perfect tree while the kids each found a tractor to play on. Back at home, Liam helped Bobby trim the lower boughs and get the tree in the tree stand. Then I helped Bobby with the painstaking task of getting the tree in perfect upright position. When everything finally looked good, we filled the tree stand with two big pitchers of water. I assigned Liam with the very important task of checking the water level every day. He asked me if that would require him to wake up early in the morning? I laughed and said, "No." He breathed a sigh of relief and readily accepted his assignment. Lillian volunteered to be the daily needle sweeper. Sydney wisely stayed quiet.
Pretty soon, however, it became obvious that water was leaking onto the floor. It appeared as though there was a small hole in the bottom of the tree stand. Bobby quickly lifted the entire tree up, water-filled stand and all, and maneuvered it across the room and out the door. The kids and I frantically followed behind with towels to wipe the spilled water up off the wood floors.
For now, our poor Christmas tree is still sitting on the front porch waiting to come in. We'll have to figure it out tomorrow because Bobby is already zonked out on the couch. All I can say is, we tried!


2. Liam's Magnatile creations. Today he made a tower slide and a floating dock.
3. Silly faces in Photo Booth. I love this on the iPads. You can make some pretty goody pictures with the different features. The kids and I did chipmunk faces on Lilly's last night, and today Liam and I sat the couch and took some ridiculously funny photos.
4. Cami's new little toofer! She's been drooling and gnawing for months and she's finally cutting her first tooth! Bobby felt it during church yesterday when she bit him! It's the bottom tooth on the right. So exciting!
5. Pizza Monday. Sydney forgot her lunch box at home today. Since we live 50 minutes from the school, I can't exactly run there real quick and drop it off for her. Her teacher assured me that Sydney would be taken care of and wouldn't go hungry. Relieved my worried Mom heart. When she got home, Sydney have me the lunch report. One of her classmates typically gets pizza on Mondays, but today she packed her lunch. Since lunches have to be purchased ahead of time, her pizza had already been bought and was available at lunch. This classmate gave her lunch ticket to Sydney so she could have the pizza instead. Lilly said she shared some of her lunch with Sydney also (the school is small, so the entire lower school eats in the cafeteria at the same time). I'm grateful for kind teachers, classmates, and big sister who took care of Sydney today!
No comments:
Post a Comment