Today I'm thankful for...
1. Beautiful blossoming trees. Pink, purple, and white buds are everywhere. I love it! Spring time really lifts my spirits after a long, cold winter!
2. Softball. Lillian had her second softball/tee-ball practice and "game" this afternoon. Her best friend from across the street is on her team. They have nice yellow jerseys (better quality than any of the Little League jerseys I ever had!) with matching yellow visors. Their team name is the Liberties. Lillian made a yellow rainbow loom bracelet this morning to give to one of her coaches. I saw him wearing it after the game today. :)
It's so much fun to see Lillian play in the field and herd toward the ball whenever it gets hit her way (which has only been a few times). She has a good swing and she knows how to hustle to first base with her hand clamped down on top of her helmet so it doesn't slump down over her eyes or fall off the back of her head. Any time she sees Bobby or me on the sidelines she jumps up and down and waves to us. It makes my heart jump for joy to see her having fun playing a sport that was such a big part of my own childhood. I hope it brings her fun and excitement.
When Lilly turned three I was ambitious and bought her a real, high quality batting tee. It's finally getting some good use. Bobby is a genius and he rigged up a softball on a rope so Lillian can have batting practice without breaking any windows or losing her ball in the street. He just drilled a hole straight through one of our softballs and threaded a thin rope through the hole. Then he tied a knot in the rope on either side of the ball to keep it in place and tied the other end of the rope around the base of the tee. It works great!! And it's the coolest new toy on the block. The boys from down the street like to take a few hits every time we have it out in the yard. Lillian's swing is getting better every day. Sydney is also getting some good batting practice... It's never too early to start! :)
3. Brinner... Breakfast for dinner. Bobby is on call today and tonight. The afternoon was pretty quiet so he was able to see Lilly's softball game and play at home afterwards. When I was about to start making dinner he got called back into the hospital. I decided to ditch nice dinner plans and made chocolate chip pancakes, cheesy eggs, and bacon instead. We love brinner. Poor Bobby has been swamped ever since. Since he missed eating with us tonight, maybe he can have brinner for breakfast tomorrow morning. Oh, wait. That would be breakfast. Just breakfast.
4. Dance parties. Every where I go I hear kids singing Frozen songs. Especially "Let it Go." I can't get away from that song. So naturally it got stuck in my head today. The only way to get rid of it is to listen to it, so I queued up my Disney kids Pandora station and sure enough it was one of the first songs. We all belted it out along with Ms. Menzel. When the other songs came on Liam asked me to dance with him. How could I refuse that invitation?! Lillian declared an official dance competition so we all busted out our best moves on the living room floor. I had so much fun bopping and hopping around with the kids, but I'm glad the curtains were drawn. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment