Friday, May 24, 2013

Joys

Today I'm thankful for...

Rain- it cooled everything off and it thoroughly watered my new hibiscus plant that probably would have shriveled up and died due to my neglect.

Little artists- Lilly and Syd painted some pretty awesome pictures today. A colorful array of rainbows, self-portraits, kangaroos, and birds' nests. I'm glad their creative juices were flowing.

A clean air conditioner- it took me three days, but I managed to scrub, vacuum, and bleach all of the dust and mold out of it, just in time for the weather to cool off! I'll feel much better about breathing in the air it'll be blowing out the next time I turn it on.

My friend Tara- she always makes me feel better, even when she isn't trying to.

Prayer- spilling out all my worries and anxieties to my Heavenly Father helps me feel so much better.

Mani-Pedi parties- the girls and I soaked our feet in warm water with fizzing soap balls, then I gave them foot massages with fancy lotion and painted their toes and fingers. It was a belated Mother's Day activity- a 'thank you for letting me be your mom' celebration. Fun!

Liam's lost ba-boos- he has two pink ones left and we couldn't find them anywhere all day yesterday. I found them both last night, but since he and I survived a 24-hour time period without one, I decided to just keep the trend going. Might as well get the inevitable over with as soon as possible. Day 2 went well also. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Hopeful reminders- I like it when friends finish their residency programs, become board certified, move into fellowships, or enter the world of attending physicians. It helps me remember that residency won't last forever and that there is a light at the end of this [long, sometimes dark and lonely] tunnel. I know it'll go by fast and that someday, somehow I'll actually miss these years.

No comments: