I got an urgent phone message from a case worker from the foster agency that we used to work with. Our file has been closed for about seven months, but they were desperate for help. They have a little boy who just turned five who has been living with his very elderly great-great grandma and great grandma (70 and 90 years old). The agency and the state don't think that's a good environment for the little boy, so they want to place him in another home. His mother's rights have already been terminated and his father has an abusive record. No one else in the family is able to take him in. He's already been bounced around four or five foster homes. The little boy is Caucasian, so they want to place him with a Caucasian family who is interested in adoption. We were the only Caucasian foster family on record with the agency. I wish we were in a position to help, because it breaks my heart to think about that little boy and the situation he's been forced into. I just want to wrap my arms around him and make him feel safe and secure.
I know this is a total long shot, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows anyone who is interested in adoption and would be interested in taking this little boy in as a foster child (with the possibility of adoption). Unfortunately, I don't know anything else about the little boy, except that the case worker said he doesn't have any medical conditions (I don't know if that includes psychological/behavioral problems). I do know that if you go from foster care to adoption, the state will pay for all of the legal fees associated with the adoption. They will also expedite the process of approving you as a foster parent.
If anyone is interested, please let me know and I can put you in touch with the case worker who called me.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you thought about posting something about it on facebook? It may not be a facebook kind of thing, but you may get the word out to a lot more people that way.
I hope this boy finds his way to a good home. I'll let you know if I hear of anyone who might be able to help!
Ever thought of the Dave and Susan Hardy????????
Post a Comment