Sunday, June 14, 2009

"Book of Morning"

Lillian has discovered the "Book of Morning"- that's her way of saying "Book of Mormon." I've been trying to read a little bit every morning at breakfast time because our Relief Society has challenged us to read the whole thing by the end of summer (that means 5 pages a day- whew!). Now, whenever Lillian sees a copy she picks it up and says "Book of Morning!" Then she opens it up to a random page and pretends to read it by saying "book of morning, book of morning, book of morning . . . . " and so on. She's so proud of herself when she finishes "reading" a passage and she closes the book with a big smile on her face. I'm not sure if she calls it the Book of Morning because I've been reading it in the morning, or because she can't pronounce "Mormon" and "morning" is the next closest word she knows (and it's just a coincidence that that's when she sees me reading it). Either way, it's pretty funny.

4 comments:

Martha said...

What an adorable picture!! I absolutely love it! You must hang that one up somewhere. Such a cute family. :)

This is such a remarkable story. It's amazing the blessings that come from reading the Book of Mormon, the example to your children is probably one of the most powerful! One of my fondest memories of my mother as a child was coming down early Sunday morning (I was always an early riser) and finding my mother in her rocking chair studying her scriptures. I knew they were important to her and now they have become important to me. :) Thanks for sharing... do you mind if I share this on the blog and in RS?

Dave, Susan, Jarom Hardy said...

So cute! I love Lillian. Don't ever correct her. Jarom still calls the statue of liberty, "the statue of liter-bee" and I never correct him because I want to know he is still a child. Love and miss you all. Hope all is well. -Susan

Jackie said...

Mom always talks about how I (or was it David?) use to say the Lord's Prayer:

Our Father
Who ate in Heaven

I mean, it makes sense right? He has to eat somewhere!

Love to you all, Jackie

Berit said...

How precious & I love your family picture! I miss you all!