Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Wow, 2009 is here!

We had a really quiet and relaxing Christmas together. It was the first time that I didn't spend it at my parents' house, but it was nice to be with my own little family and to start our own holiday traditions. On Christmas Eve we had a big dinner with some friends and we finished wrapping and decorating Christmas presents. Lillian woke all of us up on Christmas morning to let us know that Santa had visited during the night! We had a fun time watching Lillian and Tasha open their presents, and Lillian kept going back to the tree to look for more to open! She finally found one hiding in the back that she proudly presented to all of us (it was actually for me, but I let her open it anyway). When they were finally all gone, she kept putting her hands up as if to say "what happened to all of them?" and she kept touching the ground like she was trying to make some presents spontaneously appear on the spot. After a waffle brunch we all took a nap and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

On Friday we packed everyone up and went down to Delaware and Maryland to visit family for a few days. On Monday, Bobby and I left for a little retreat to the Poconos! It was my first night away from Lillian and I'm proud of myself for not having a nervous breakdown! It was wonderful to be alone with Bobby and to feel like a "real" married couple again. But after a few days, it started to feel like something was missing and I missed my little family. We're all home together tonight, and it feels like everything is back where it should be. What a wonderful way to start a new year! I wonder what 2009 will bring . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was such a blessing to see you and Lillian at David's Open House Saturday. :)